The National Housing & Rehabilitation Association (NH&RA) is currently seeking nominations for its Eighth Annual J. Timothy Anderson Awards for Excellence in Historic Rehabilitation. The “Timmy” Awards honor outstanding rehabilitation and preservation projects in nine categories.
The Timmy Awards offer a unique opportunity to honor innovation, design, and efficiency in the preservation tax credit market place. This year, applicants may submit projects to any of the following categories:
· Best Commercial/Retail/Non-Residential Project
· Best Historic Rehab Utilizing LIHTCs (Small/Up to $5 million total development cost)
· Best Historic Rehab Utilizing LIHTCs (Large/Over $5 million total development cost)
· Best Historic Rehab Utilizing New Markets Tax Credits
· Best Market-Rate / Mixed-Income Residential
· Best Historic Rehabilitation Project Involving New Construction
· Most Innovative Adaptive Reuse
Additionally, this year there will be two special Judges Awards drawn from the applicant pool for:
· Most Advanced Financial Structure
· Achievement in Sustainability.
You can download this year’s application and learn more about the awards at: http://housingonline.com/TimmyAward.aspx. Applications will be accepted no later than July 20, 2012. If you have any recommendations or questions, please contact Caitlin Geary at email@example.com. More information about NH&RA and the Timmy Awards can be found at www.housingonline.com.
About The National Housing & Rehabilitation Association
NH&RA is a national trade association comprised of professionals involved in the development, ownership, operation and finance of multifamily affordable housing. Formed in 1971, our members include developers, owners, property managers, debt and equity providers, attorneys, accountants, and other professionals involved in tax-advantaged real estate.